Currently all Scouting First response opportunities inside West Mercia are advertised as they become available on the West Mercia Scouts website: https://www.westmerciascouts.org.uk/adult-support/training
To comply with the current First Response requirements both Module 10A (theory) and 10B (practical) must be completed.
To complete 10A separately can be done either:
- Using the County model the three on-line 2 hour trainer led sessions Life Support, Trauma and Injury, and Major Illness when available:
Once 10A is complete 10B can be done:
- At one of the 10B only sessions run at Count Learning and Development Centre.
- The Hampshire blended option, an approximately 3 hour e-learning self led session and once completed followed by a 2.5 hour Trainer led session, details available at:
Alternatively 10A and 10B can be jointly achieved either:
- As part of a face to face combined 10A&10B event run in at Count Learning and Development Centre or in one of the Districts.
- By completing a recognised First Aid Training course, the syllabus of which matches or exceeds the Scouting First Response, approval should be checked with your District Commissioner.